Tuesday, September 6, 2011

About the Minion Part 2

Several weeks ago, I asked for you to submit ideas that you would like me to blog about.  The answers weren't exactly what I was looking for because most of them were questions about me.  This turned out to be a lot of fun so I decided to do it again and see what kind of questions I got.  There were a few questions that I thought were inappropriate so I am not going to answer them but below please find the rest.

LS and AM - Do you have a girlfriend?  I have several friends who are girls and I am definitely a straight guy.  Being in a great relationship with a woman is probably my greatest worldly desire but I am learning to wait on God to give me what I need.  I guess the technical answer to that question is no but I believe God will change that at the right time.  I just have to be patient.  That last sentence should make one of my readers smile.

AB - How did you learn to speak a different language? - Well I took two years of German in high school and a semester of French in college so I guess I learned some in school.

DV - Who is your favorite band? - Well I have many favorites and that changes on a regular basis.  Right now I guess it would have to be Rascal Flatts.  I love the lyrics to a lot of their songs.

CM - Do you sing? - Actually CM, this is one of my favorite things to do.  Some people who have heard me say I have a decent voice but mostly I sing by myself because I am really self conscious about it.  It's one of the things I enjoy from my Box but I don't share with many people.

AM and AB - Why did you start the Opinion of the Minion? - I love this question because it makes me look at the whole thing.  I am blown away by the number of fans of the Minion and the number of people who read my blogs.  I am truly humbled by what has happened.  The minion has fans literally around the world.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever see that coming.  Ok so the answer is this - I started the Minion as just a place for me to rant about whatever I wanted.  I was sort of like my journal for my life.  I really didn't expect anyone to read it.  My first post was called "the Classics."  It was about several books that I had recently read and I just wanted to talk about them.  Well I have some of the greatest friends on earth and several of them, AB, LM, TR, KS and others encouraged me to write more blogs.  I started posting them and then I would write something on my personal home page each time I did one.  Not wanting to bother several of my friends I started a page for the Minion on Facebook.  Then as I wrote a blog called "The Box" I realized that God was giving me this as an opportunity to reach people. It changed my whole life.  I began to see each one of you as an awesome gift from God and I started focusing on how to say something positive and help people.  That is what I try to do with each of my blogs.  Again, I really struggle to comprehend all the support and encouragement I have recieved while doing this.  I hope this answers the question and I will be happy to talk more about it if you want.

AD - What is your testimony? - I also love this question.  Did you know you cannot have a testimony without a test?  That may be a whole blog in and of itself but I think you are asking me about when I made Jesus my personal Lord and Savior.  Here is the short version.  I think I was saved when I was very young.  I don't remember when I actually asked Jesus into my heart.  What I do know is this.  After a very bad break up with a girl when I was in college, I moved back to my parents house.  I knew I wasn't living right, I was living in sin and I wasn't walking in right relationship with God.  This fact weighed on me so heavily that I spent several nights curled up in a bath tub clutching my bible for dear life.  I knew something was wrong inside of me but I didn't know what to do.  Finally, I realized that I needed to go back to my home church (I hadn't been in a while) and get my life right with God.  The pressure was so intense I was really scared that the rapture was going to take place and I would be left behind.  It truly frightened me.  Anyway, I had said some awful things about my church.  I called those people sobs and said that they really didn't care one thing about me.  I said they were a bunch of hypocrites and were a terrible representation of God's love.  Then I walked in that church one Sunday night to the youth meeting.  Those same awful hypocrites, surrounded me and loved on me and accepted me right into that meeting like nothing had ever happened.  I was so deeply touched by their love.  I can honestly say that Calvary Cathedral International in Fort Worth, Texas is one of the most Godly places I have ever been.  Bob Nichols is a true example of what a man of God looks like and my life is much better for listening to him all those years.  Anyway, the service started and all I could think about was the alter call.  Several times that pressure was so intense that I wanted to tell the youth pastor, Mark Carillo to shut up and open the alter but I didn't.  When he did, I was the first one down there on my knees getting things right with a God who was patiently, longingly, and lovingly waiting for me there.

There is one other part of my testimony that I will share here.  In March/April of this year on a Monday, I read a book called Redeeming Love.  It is from that book that I got a revelation of how much God loves me.  He is passionate about his love for me and you.  I have tried to explain this using the English language but it is not sufficient to do the job.  During the time I read that book, I heard the Lord say to me, your life is about to change for ever and it has.  He took out a heart of stone and replaced it with a heart of flesh that has allowed me to pour more love out than I even thought was possible.  Some people might say I have lost my mind and they are right.  If you find it, run from it.  I will take the one I have now.  It is a present from Jesus.

MK - Do you have any weapons? - Yes, I am a Texan.  I have a shotgun and a pistol but I am not a big gun fan.  There is a long story behind them if you are interested (no violence though.  I have never even fired the shotgun.)

DJ - Are you and the others based off the three stooges? - I don't know anything about the background of the cartoon characters but I love the three stooges.

BB - Is there a second movie? - Again, I don't really know.

KT - How many minions are there? - Well I guess right now there are two.  Me and my friend DD who has helped me write and should do so again in the near future.

MR and SK - Do minions have babies - I don't know about the cartoon but I have four.  One in heaven and three that are here on earth.

AS - What's up with your hair? - Got me.

KP - Do people call you tater tots? - No but my nick name in high school was Oompa Loompa.

NK - Why do you listen to Gru? - Again, I don't have anything to do with the movie.

TN - What do you do when you get hyper?  Who do you eat? - No idea what the cartoon minions do.

IM - Are you my brother? - I will answer a question with a question.  Have you asked Jesus to live in your heart? If so, then yes.  If not, then I don't think so.

MR - Who are your parents? - John and Donna Oswald

JD - Are you a twinkie... - Nope

MK - Are you corn pops cereal - Nope

AK - Where are you from? -  I was born, raised, and live in Fort Worth, Texas in the United States.

CJ - What's it like to be yellow? - I don't know.

CJ - Do you ever feel self conscious about your hair? - Nope

LB - Can I get a minion as a pet? - Cute question.  I have no idea.

BR and MC - Where can I get a minion? - Sorry, I don't know.

I hope that answers your questions and that's another Opinon of the Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment