Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Thankful Minion

I really don't know how to start this blog so here goes. 

First of all, let me say that I am deeply humbled by all of you who read this blog.  I never in my wildest imagination thought that so many people would read it.  That in itself is a deeply humbling experience.  As I have said before, I am not a writer.  I just try to open my heart and pour what comes out onto this blog.  I continue to be baffled by increase in the number of people who are fans on Facebook.  Every time the number goes up by just one, it represents a person who likes what goes on here and I hope I can live up to your praise.

Normally these blogs come pretty easy to me.  I just sit and write.  Today I am struggling with words to use to express my sincerest and deepest gratitude to all of you who have said such nice things to me.  Several people have told me that I might never know the impact that this blog is having on other people's lives.  This blog has been one of the most gratifying things I have ever experienced in my life.  I am especially humbled by the opportunity I had to lead a young girl to Christ through this page.  I look forward to getting to meet her in Heaven one day.  I didn't save her by any stretch.  Only Jesus can do that but it was such a sweet experience to be the guide.  Lord, thank you for allowing me to do that and I hope I get the opportunity through this blog again.

What many of YOU may never know is the impact you have had on my life.  I hope to find words to tell you thank you for all you mean to me.  Thank you just doesn't begin to seem strong enough to express my feelings of gratitude.  See, I try to pour myself into these blogs in the hope that they will help someone else and I believe they do.  And for many years, I believed that I was strong enough to help others without getting help myself.  Then I realized that as I pour myself out, my emotional tank gets pretty empty.  That is where all your kind words have made such an impact.  They have refilled my tank.

After lunch today, I sat down at my desk and was feeling a little drained.  I didn't feel bad but I wanted to reread some of the amazing but undeserved things people have said to encourage me.  I just needed a little boost in my tank.  Over the last few days, several people have taken the time to look into my Box and bless me.  Then there was another post that just put me over the top by someone who was so generous.  I just sat for a few minutes and cried.  I am truly touched by all that everyone has done.  When I wrote about the Box, I wanted to be blessing to others and I had no idea that so many others would be such a blessing to me.

When I think of you and all the kindness you have shown me there is such an amazing love and peace that washes over me.  There is a song called "Thank You (For Giving to The Lord)".  The chorus has these lines in it,

     Thank you for giving to the Lord
      I am a life that was changed
     Thank you for giving to the Lord
     I am so glad you gave

Well I want to say these words to you.  Thank you for giving to the Lord by taking the time to make such a positive impact on my life.  I have definitely been a life that was changed by you.  I feel so undeserving of the things you have all said but I am so truly blessed by them. 

That's the Opinion of a Deeply Humbled Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment