Sunday, May 29, 2011

Just Opening the Box Once

I would like to say thank you to my daughter, Katherine.  She may never know how much what she did for me meant.  See, at the age of 7, Katherine understood my box and understood that she should open it and pull something out to celebrate.  She was able to open my box and see something that was very precious to me.  It is a talent I think I have (no, I will not reveal the talent in this blog).  The cool thing about what she did was that she just noticed something and paid me one of the biggest compliments I have ever received.  It didn't have to do with passing the bar exam or weight loss.  I have received several about those topics and I appreciate them.  What she did was study me.  She does it unconsciously because I am her dad but she does it.  After much study, she noticed something that I thought was a talent and she commented on it.  I was extremely blessed and I can tell you first hand what it feels like to have someone open your box and look in it.

I encourage you to study your friends and family, find out what is in their box and then help them develop the amazing treasures inside.

The Opinion of the Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment