Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Minion's Musing

OK Guys, this time I have decided to try something new.  This is something totally out of my comfort zone.  I might never do this again but I want your thoughts.  A couple of days ago, I read a poem by a Minion fan named KS.  It was beautiful and I certainly can't do this as well as her but I am taking a swing. 

The Flower

What is more beautiful than a flower
Her velvet petals and beautiful hues
She stands tall and causes all to look on her
With admiration and awe we watch her
 

A storm approaches her from the west
Great hail and lighting
With strong wind and rain
Assault her fragile petals and stem
 
She bends her head low
Under the weight of the rain
Touching the ground prostrate
Close to the point of death

But strength overcomes the rain
As she straightens herself in the sun
The weight of the water removed
She returns to give the earth her strength
 
Under danger of attack by human hand
She carries on her life
Refusing to stop showing her inner beauty
For the good of the earth and bees 

Her beautiful petals unfold
Revealing her substance to the world
Waiting to be nourished
And give of her significance in return

That's the Minion's Musing.  Please let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. That was truly lovely! I think you did awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome just Awesome!!! love it!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B.C.D. said...
    Once again have you ever considered being an author?

    ReplyDelete
  5. B.C.D. - I am not a writer but I want to use what the Lord has done for me to bring glory to him and hopefully help someone else. So I am writing my first book on all the weight I lost. I think I am about half way through it.

    ReplyDelete