Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another About Me

Periodically I ask people on Facebook to send me questions that they would like me to answer.  Many of them ones that I have answered before but I don't mind answering them again so here goes.

HG - Do you write bible stuff?  Actually, I started another blog called, "The Minion's Bible Stories."  A few people have heard me tell stories and seemed really interested so I started trying to put many of the bible stories I heard as a child in words that young people today would understand.  My goal is to preserve the message but hopefully make it a little more understandable.  If you read this blog, it is also my sincere hope that you see Jesus in all that I write.

CH - What made you want to start this Minion business?  I get this question every time I do one of these posts and I always enjoy answering it.  There was a point in the not to distant past that I felt frustrated at not being able to express myself.  So I started a blog as a place to just free think on "paper."  My first blog was about books.  Some I liked and some I didn't  so I wrote about them.  My next blog was specifically for my uncle.  It compared fishing to golf.  I did it just to have fun with him.  Then something truly life changing happened.  The Lord began to show me a different way to look at people and I will never be the same.  I wrote a blog called, "The Box - Do You Have the Courage to Open It?"  See God showed me that everyone is a gift from him to the world and that each one of us has certain unique and amazing qualities inside of us.

After I wrote that, a friend of mine and I were talking and she gave me another idea for a blog.  After I wrote a few of them, I started the fan page on Facebook because I didn't want all of my friends to see a post on their wall every time I wrote a blog.  For some reason, I still can't totally grasp, people I didn't know started liking my fan page and I continued to write.  That was almost five months ago.  I continue to be shocked at the growth of this blog.

HG - What's your favorite animal? - I guess I would have to say dogs but I like a lot of animals.

TH & OR - What is your favorite color? - Blue I guess.

JN - Why do you guys always talk with the b going first? - I think this is a reference to Despicable Me.  I am not sure the answer to the question.  I used a picture of a minion from the movie because I thought it was cool but I am not associated with the movie.

CS - Which minion are you? - Like I said, I'm not associated with the movie so I guess I'm not any particular minion.

AR and BG - Will there be a Despicable Me 2? - I don't know but I hope so.  The first one was a good movie.

JH - Is there a Minion for every opinion? - I don't think so.  It's just me mostly and my friend DD helps me.

SM - What is the minion's catch phrase? - I don't know about the ones from the movie.  I don't think I have one.

EF - Who makes the little overalls? - Good question but I don't know.

CB - Where are the girl minions? - I don't know.

CB - Do you go to the bathroom and eat stuff? - Yup.

MJ and LM - Why are you called the Minion? Why did you decide to name your blog the Opinion of the Minion?  - Well that's sort of a long story so I will try to keep it short and explain.  I was in Houston, TX in February with some friends at an event.  We were supposed to show up the next morning to tear down the tent.  I was there but some of my friends weren't.  The guy we were helping asked where the minions were?  I thought this was funny and then one day, I made a comment about starting a blog called, "The Opinion of the Minion" and it just kind of stuck.

DP - How do I get minions of my own? - I get asked this a lot and unfortunately, I don't know.

SR - When can you come live with me?  lol  I love the minion!! - Thank you SR.  I really appreciate the encouragement.

LB - Will you do my laundry?  Nope.  I have enough work doing my own.  :-)

BD - Do you have a pet?  What state do you live in? - Yes I have a dog that I got from a rescue.  Her name is Clara Belle and she is about 4 years old.  She is big, white and sort of looks like a polar bear.  I live in Texas.

JS - Are you a genetic science experiment? - I don't think so.

AC - Umm?  Well are you famous? - I don't think so.

SK - CL is right.  I do speak English but it was a good question because many of the Internet browsers will translate languages for you.

AS - Have you ever been on a date? - Yup.
I guess that's it for this rendition of The Opinion of the Minion.

No comments:

Post a Comment