Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Funny Stories

Ok, we all know this is true but how many of us actually do anything with this.  The Bible says a merry heart doeth good like a medicine.  Lately, I have discovered this fact again.  Lately, I laugh much more.  I enjoy life much more.  I am not sure that my writing is funny but I hope some of these stories will make you laugh.

This past Sunday, I was waking my daughter up so we could get ready to go to church.  She is one of the most beautiful little girls you have ever seen and when she is just waking up she looks like an angel.  So as I was talking to her trying to gently bring her fully awake and she smiled up at me and said, "Dad, do we have to go to church today?"  As gently as I could, I replied, "Yes sweetheart we do."  Her reply - "Well this day is already a disaster."

The other day I took the kids to their favorite donut shop in Saginaw.  Once all of us had our favorites we were sitting eating when a young mother walked in carrying her baby girl.  The little girl was old enough to hold her head up and she was looking over mom's shoulder at us eating our donuts.  My daughter leaned over to me and said, "Dad I was that little once.   Only I was cuter!"

OK this is one for those of you who are older than 30.  One day I was talking with my daughter and I told her not to touch something or she would get cooties.  Her response - "Dad, what's a cootie."

There comes a time in the life of a parent when you have the birds and the bees talk with your children.  My oldest was in 5th grade last year and he saw a film explaining the whole thing.  After the film he had some questions.  So we sat for about an hour and I explained things to him the best I could.  Toward, the end of our conversation my oldest asked, "Dad, when do I have to do this?"  I told him he should wait until he was married.  His response - Whew, that's a relief.  I just hope he keeps that attitude until he is grown.

My middle son was talking to me one day about one of his favorite things at the time - Thomas the Tank Engine.  He told me that he was going to give away a lot of his toys which I thought was really sweet.  He had seen Toy Story 3 and this was what Andy did in the movie.  However, he told me that he was going to keep his train table and give it to his kids to play with.  "Matthew," I asked, "do you know what you have to have before you can have children?"  "No what," he replied.

"A wife," I said.
"OK dad."
"Do you know what you have to have before you can have a wife?"
"No"
"You need to have a girlfriend."
With the most dejected look on his face, he said, "You have go to be kidding me!"

There is a good friend of mine who I go to lunch with regularly.  Now he has a pretty dry sense of humor but he is really funny.  So one day we go to a restaurant in Fort Worth and the hostess asks Ellis if he has a smoking preference.  My friend joking replies, "Marijuana."  She edges a little closer to him and says, "Me too!"  I have never seen him turn so red.

Today I was talking to a guy that works for me.  I told him that I dropped my girlfriend's car off at the local Subaru dealership to have it serviced.  To which he replied, "That's nice.  What kind of car does she drive?"

I hope at least one of these made you laugh a little.  If you have any funny stories, I would love to hear them.  Please let me hear them.

That's another Opinion of the Minion. 

2 comments:

  1. I like most of your articles keep it up. If more people could read these that would help them see the world from a different point of view. (except for your faith which i do not see why you are so grounded in)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what to tell you about my faith. I just made a decision that I was going to trust God and He has blessed me for doing it.

    ReplyDelete