Sunday, July 17, 2011

About the Minion

A couple of days ago, I posted on FaceBook and asked for you to give me some suggestions for Opinions.  Well, most of you asked personal questions about me, about what I like or don't like.  So, I am going to take a few minutes and tell you a little about me.  There are a few conditions though:

1.  Since I am telling you about me, I want to know more about you.  Sound off and give me your opinions on these things.
2.  There are some things you asked about that are more serious topics so I will save those for separate Opinions.
3.  As I am sure most of you know, I am just a normal guy and not associated with the movie.  These are just the things at I like personally.

So without further delay, let's get to it.

1.  MIG - Favorite Food? - I like all kinds of food now but my all time favorite is pepperoni pizza.

2.  HBR - Drama - I will do another Opinion dealing with how to handle real life drama at some point.  I am not big on drama in my personal life although I get plenty of it.  In the movies, I am not a real big fan of dramas either.  However, a friend of mine "made" me watch a movie called, "The Notebook."  I have to say, that was one of the best movies I have ever watched.  I am a sucker for romances and this was one of the best I have ever seen.

3.  TD - Movies and Music - Well, TD, I like all kinds of movies.  Mostly I prefer comedies or romantic comedies because I very much like to laugh and I am a sucker for a happy ending.  I also like to see the girl and the guy end up together at the end.  I don't like movies that don't have happy endings.  Why?  Because if I want an unhappy ending, I will watch the local news where there are plenty of not nice stories.  Occasionally I like to watch science fiction if it is about outer space and I like action adventure movies.  (After all, I am a guy.)  Because I have kids, I watch a lot of Disney/Pixar movies (Believe it or not, I have not seen all of Despicable Me).  I don't like horror movies at all.  I was always afraid of them as a little kid and decided I didn't like those.

3a.  TD - Music - I like many types of music.  I like country music (I am a Texan) and I like Christian music.  I enjoy listening to classical, pop, and some "old" rock.  You know, the stuff from the 1980s.  I am not a big fan of rap but I do have a couple of songs on my Ipod.

4.  IA - Comedy - This is perhaps my all time favorite movie type of entertainment.  When we laugh, something happens inside us that helps us feel better and I am all for anything like that.

5.  DV - Please don't get mad but I haven't seen the Harry Potter movie so I really don't know anything about it.  I love the author's story though.  It's quite inspiring.

6.  ED - Pie vs. Cake - Well let me say, I use to weigh 350 pounds so I like pie and cake both.  I would have to say that my favorite is pecan pie.  My grandmother makes the best homemade pecan pie I have ever eaten and I guess I have always been a little partial.  For cake, lemon cake with thick lemon icing is my favorite.

7.  SAT - Pepsi vs. Coke - Good question.  Like I said earlier, I used to weigh 350 pounds so I only drink diet cokes (I know diet cokes are bad for you or at least that is what a good friend keeps telling me).  That said, I always thought that diet Coke had a funny after taste so I would have to say diet Pepsi.  I do like Coke Zero though.

8.  BV - Apple vs Banana - I like apples (if you are old enough to get the Goodwill Hunting reference then its OK to laugh) but I prefer bananas.  I especially like to take a banana and mix it with peanut butter and make a sandwich.

9.  CO - friendships vs. family relationships - I think this is an excellent topic and I will talk about it separately.

10.  LB - Briefs or boxers - This one is way too embarrassing for me to answer.  I am glad you can't see how badly I am blushing.

11.  AG - A butler vs. a nanny - I have never had either one so I guess I can't really decide.  Do you have them and if so, what would you pick?

12.  GR - Pineapples or peaches - Again, I like both but my favorite is probably peaches especially when they are used to make peach cobbler.

13.  WN - Family Guy or Southpark - I really don't watch too much TV.  As a matter of fact, the only shows I really followed over the last several years were Battlestar Galactica and Smallville.  Now that those are off the air, I don't watch much.  That said, I have never seen a full episode of either Family Guy or Southpark so I don't know.

14.  DM - bathroom humor - OK I know that at my age I shouldn't laugh at this stuff and for the most part I really don't but occasionally something funny happens that makes me laugh.  I can think of one story about something my daughter said regarding this topic that still makes me laugh.  I really don't know why.

15.  MH and CO - Pandora's box - Again MH and CO bring up an excellent point that I will try to address in another post.



17.  CLUA - Ice Cream - I guess I gave this one away already.  Yes, I love ice cream.  My favorite flavor is butter pecan because that is what my granddad used to love.  I like almost every flavor.  When I was really big, I could eat a gallon of ice cream in two days.

AP - Cupcakes - Yes, I like cup cakes.  My favorites have that thick icing.  I think it's called butter cream icing.  Whatever it is, yes it is very good.

Well everyone, I think I have addressed all of the questions you asked on FaceBook.  If you want me to answer any more, please send them in and I will do my best.

Thank you all for giving me a chance to show you a little of what is in my box.  This has been really fun and I enjoyed writing it.  The funny thing is you made me stop and think about myself in a fun way.  I don't think I have done that in years!

And that's several Opinions of the Minion

4 comments:

  1. yeah1 i like so much this opinion, i have say it im a fan of the minions and i found this page and the facebook for this reason, i like so much the opinions and more this beacasuse we can now who is the person behind the skin of the minion :DD hugs

    Att: Viri Carlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words.

    The Minion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am despicables mes biggest fan haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the 3 plush toys and a big wal paper and the movie in 3D

    ReplyDelete