Friday, June 10, 2011

Something's Right

When I started doing these blogs, they were just a way for me to express myself through writing.  I was trying to take a piece of me out of the box (see my blog on the Box) and show the world.  But now as more people begin to follow The Opinion of the Minion, I realize that there is something more to this than just my rants.

I think the purpose for the Opinion of the Minion is to point out what is right with this country and the world.  I am very tired of hearing everyone talk about how bad things are.  If you listen to the media or politicians or even some preachers, they will tell you things are bad and things are just going to get worse.  The media uses bad news to sell newspapers and TV time all over the place.  That is a big reason I don't watch the evening news.  If you listen to it there are three stories about bad things happening to bad people, the sports section, one more story about something bad happening to someone, the weather and and then we fade to Wheel of Fortune.  I don't know about you but my grandmother has always told me, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  Apparently the major networks have forgotten that message.

Don't the politicians use these tactics every time we hear them.  The Republicans say the Democrats are ruining this country and the Democrats say the Republicans are.  That is how they all work to get elected.  The message is, "If you don't elect me, my Republican/Democratic opponent will ruin your life.  My opponent is to be feared at all costs."

Well, I am totally fed up with all the negative stuff that we hear about.  Don't get me wrong.  I AM NOT saying that there are no problems.  There are serious issues that need to be addressed.  What I am saying is tell me something good that is going on in the world. 

Do you like Superman?  He has always been my favorite super hero and I have always wanted to be like him because he brought hope to Metropolis.  In some very small way, I guess this is my attempt to be like him and give people something good to think about.  I want you to know that there is hope in any situation.  Some people might say that we shouldn't get our hopes up.  That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.  Especially if you are a Christian, your hopes should sky rocket.  Are you going to hit all your goals in life?  Probably not but why not aim high and see what you hit instead of aiming low and hitting your mark.

I want to bring you a story of something that went right for someone.  He was on Korea's got talent.  This video is about 8 minutes long but it will certainly bring a tear to your eye and touch your heart. 

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KDWKD7NX

Please send me your success stories as I would like to celebrate the things that are right with this world instead of continuously glorifying the things that are wrong.

That's the Opinion of the Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment