Monday, July 22, 2019

Faith Continued

Today, I want to continue or discussion about Faith. Specifically, I would like to talk about what to do while we wait. As I have said before, God is not a genie in a bottle. When we use our Faith, many times He does not cause what we ask for to manifest in the natural world immediately. Faith starts a chain reaction in the spiritual realm that will cause things to come to pass in the natural but sometimes it takes a little while before we see it.

It’s during those times that we must be patient and trust God. The Bible says in Hebrews 6:12 that we are not to be sluggish but imitate those who through Faith and Patience inherit what God promised. For me, this is the hardest part of the Faith walk. I really would rather not wait for stuff. I would like to have it now but sometimes it doesn’t work that way. It’s also during this time of waiting that the devil will try to come and stop our Faith. Do you know how he does that? He uses fear.

While Faith is having confidence that God will do what He said He would, fear causes us to lose confidence in God. It stops the progress of whatever we are believing God to do from moving toward us. I can tell you that I must be very intentional when it comes to fear. Have you ever heard someone say, “Well, a little fear is a good thing?” That’s just not true. A little fear can kill you. It’s very dangerous.

I know that the Bible says, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,” but what that means is reverence for the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I believe God says, “Fear not,” over 350 times in the Bible. He doesn’t want us to fear. Why? Because it stops Faith from moving what we pray for into our lives.

As I said, I must be very intentional when it comes to fear. Right now, we are on vacation in Vancouver, BC. A couple of days ago, we went up a mountain in a gondola. I don’t mind flying in an airplane, but I am not a big fan of the gondola ride. On the first ride, I could sense fear trying to get in. What would happen if one of those cables broke? But God said, he would bear me up and I would not dash my foot against a stone (Psalms 91). So, I decided right then and there that I was not going to be afraid of that ride. Guess what. That fear left and I had a great time.

So while we wait for our Faith to work, let’s remember to be on guard against fear. Fear is the devil’s way of telling us that our Faith won’t work. The Bible says that Satan is the father of lies. All he does is lie. Therefore, the opposite of what he says is truth. If he’s telling you that you won’t get well or that you won’t receive your miracle, don’t accept that trash. Keep standing in Faith!

That’s another Opinion of the Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment