Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Waiting on Faith

Hello All,

Today I want to talk about what to do while we wait for the things our Faith has produced to come to pass. As we have discussed, as soon as we activate our Faith, it is done in the spiritual realm, but it can take some time to get from there to this natural realm. For me, the waiting is not my favorite part. I would rather have everything happen instantly. In my own life, I have seen God work miracles both ways. God’s timing isn’t always ours. The Bible says a thousand years is like a day to God. (2 Peter 3:8)

So how do we wait? This part is like running a marathon. I’ve been able to do this twice in my life. A little less than two years before my first marathon, I weighed 350 pounds. (I wrote a book about my spiritual journey to freedom from food. It will be out in a couple of months. If you would like more information, please like my page, @authortomoswald, and I will get it to you.)

When we start using our Faith, it’s really exciting at first. We are enthusiastic and know God is going to do what we asked. A marathon is much the same way. When you stand at the starting line, you are really excited and those first few miles go by in a blur. In a marathon, after that things just move a long for the next several miles. Our Faith can do the same thing. If God doesn’t do what He said He would do immediately, in the early stages we don’t think anything of it and things just keep going.

But then something can happen to try to stop our Faith. Maybe we are believing for finances and we get a notice that financially things got worse. Maybe someone we are praying for took a step away from God or maybe we got a bad medical report. This where we have a decision to make. We give in to fear and stop using or Faith in God or we can continue to believe what God said about our situation regardless of what it looks like. Much the same thing happens when you run a marathon. It’s called hitting the wall. This happens around the 20th mile or so. All the sudden, you feel tired. Your feet start to hurt. The fun and excitement you felt at the first mile is gone. Yet there are still six more miles to go. Even though you have run hundreds of miles leading up to that point, the last six of a marathon can be tough. You must decide to quit or finish it.

If you decide to keep going in a marathon, as you round the last corner the goal is there! You run the last few blocks with your eyes fixed firmly on the finish line. All those hours of training. All the sweat and all the hard work finally pay off and like Paul said, you finish your course. Using our Faith is much the same way. If we push through the hard part and keep our eyes on God’s word all the sudden the answer to prayer is there. All our Faith produced what we were asking God to do!!

If you are reading this for the first time and are thinking, “How do I get in on the God thing?” Have you invited Jesus into your life? He is the God of today. He’s not just a life insurance policy for after you die. If not, just pray this simple prayer. “Jesus, I ask you to come into my life. I believe that you are the Son of God and that you died for ALL my sin and that God raised you from the dead. I make you my Lord and Savior.” If you prayed that prayer, you are now part of the family. If you prayed that prayer, would please let me know by commenting on this and telling me?

That’s another Opinion of the Minion

No comments:

Post a Comment